1. Please design KRA & KPI's to each category of employees.
2. Ensure your KRA & KPI's are transparent and easy to understand.
3. Month on moth share their targets V/s achievements.
4. If any employee not performing well then do PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) process with them.
5. Follow above process to create good appraisal system in organisation.
1st April 2019 From India, Mumbai
1st April 2019 From India, Lucknow
Recently there was a good discussion on appraisal wherein I too have given my replies. Click the following link to refer it:
You have written that " The employee near to Head Office gets better appraisal/Increments as compared to the branch employees, one of the primary reason may be the daily/weekly one-to-one conversation with his/her manager."
This happens when there is no comprehensive framework available to measure the performance. This also happens when the focus of the measurement is on the people and not on the organisation.
I have been giving my replies on PMS since long. You may refer my one such reply. The link is as below:
The link has further hyperlinks. Go through all the links patiently and update yourself about the comprehensiveness of the PMS.
1st April 2019 From India, Bangalore
The above-mentioned replies are correct. I want to add one more dimension related to openness, involvement of all employees in said PMS and integrity of the process. This can be deloped by awareness and engagement.
The honest feedback system can be a tool to deal with it and on the basis of feedback, you can make a development plan for the future.
2nd April 2019 From India, Delhi