Thread Started by #shiva-maroju1

Hai....i have an issue with my the time of joining i have given 1lakh cheque as my employment bond.. i went to.ofc for 2days..their after due to my health issue i have undergone a surgery. Right now i can't further continue my job as i have to take rest for 3-4 months.... I have informed HR regarding my health issue they said to send all the document related to my surgery... and they will not wait for 3 months.... They haven't given me any reply to my mail....they are not responding.. Now I am worried about my cheque plz help me out with this issue.... whether my employer will file a case or not.... plz out with this issue
21st March 2019
Hi Shiva,
Sorry to note your health issues.
Is't that you worked only for 2 days since you reported to this office? And you were hospitalised, under convalescence, I read it correct? If yes, I can't imagine any office, in the normal course, would allow 3-4 months of leave (not earned), may be an unauthorised leave, that too during Probation Period, I suppose. I would suggest you should somehow meet the HR and others who can consider your case and try to sort out the issue. If you wait for mails it won't work. If they mind your cheque may be processed for encashment. It's an emergency, don't wait for things to happen & explore all avenues.
21st March 2019 From India, Bangalore
Dear Mr. Kumar,
A new appointee, falling ill suddenly just after two days of his joining and warranting surgical treatment involving post treatment bed rest for some months is a situation beyond anyone's control. Therefore, normal rules of employment like compulsory and continuous attendance, restrictions on leave on loss of pay, enforcement of bond conditions etc., should be, in my personal opinion, put off by any considerate and reasonable employer after a dispassionate assessment of the situation. If his health permits, of course, the poster may make personal representation to the Management through the HR as aptly suggested by you. Had the cheque issued by him towards bond amount not yet been realized, can't he issue stop-payment instructions to the bank in case the employer being adament and inconsiderate? After all rules are only man-made, not God given.
21st March 2019 From India, Salem
@kumar sir
Sir i have met my HR.. And said about my issue and health pblm...they said that they will not wait for 3mnths..and asked me to send all the documents realted to my surgery and mail it....
I have fwded documents to my HR..throug email..
But still their is no response.. From their side..
Plz tell me what the next step to take .....
21st March 2019
Dear Shiva,
Are you still on extended leave or fit enough to resume your duty. Advicing 'stop payment' is an option to save you from the stress you are undergoing, but that is not ethical though. Coming to worse can be used. But still much would depend on how you could convince your office. I would suggest you should meet them again and give a try. The silence in them, I afraid, suggests something different. First take care of your health and ensure that you are fit enough for the duty soonest.
22nd March 2019 From India, Bangalore
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™