Hii all I'm working in an organization for 3 years. Now i have resigned in the month of March. My Basic +DA is 17500. My Company pays bonus during dasera . My query is whether I'm eligible for bonus of year 2018-19. If so if my the HR refuses to pay me then what can I do.Kindly help me.
18th March 2019 From India, Bengaluru
Dear friend,
If any employee whose monthly salary does not exceed Rs. 21000/= works for not less than 30 working days during an accounting year in an establishment to which the Payment of Bonus Act, 1965 is applicable, he is eligible to claim statutory bonus as per the provisions of sec. 8 of the Act on par with other employees who are in service on the date of disbursement of bonus pertaining to that year.
Therefore, it is not necessary that he should be in the employment of the establishment on the date of payment of bonus. Certainly, you are entitled to bonus for the AY2018-'19 since you had worked upto March2019.
In case of refusal on the ground of your resignation, you can file a claim u/s 21 of the PBAct,1965 before the designated authority or raise a dispute u/s 22 of the Industrial Disputes Act,1947 before the area conciliation officer.
19th March 2019 From India, Salem
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™