Dear Friends & Seniors,
We have a manufacturing plant in Maharashtra where we are planning for plant expansion, for project expansion activities we will be engaging around 90 contract labours through 3-4 registered contractors for around 3 to 4 months only.
Contractors who will provide us the labours has shown us a valid copy of registration certificate for engaging the labours.
So as a Principal employer do we need to go for further registration under CLRA act provisions or its not required.
Also under which conditions like( minimum no. of labours engagement, less than 20 0r less than 50) registration for Principal employer not required or exemption granted.
Thank you all for your suggestions.
Navneet Kumar
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Yes, you have to obtain Certificate of Registration from Labour Department for engaging contractor. The entire process is now available online. The link is
Dear Colleague,
Under the CLRA , in Maharashtra, the contractor providing labour to the establishment has to have Licence and the establishment engaging his services has to have Registration Certificate if it is engaging totally more than 50 contract workers through single or multiple contractor/contractors.
Please read the provisions under this Act for compliance.
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™