I have joined one limited company on 12/08/2013 and my last working day is 31/03/2019.
In the month of July 2017, I was given transfer to another company of same group and transfer letter was also given and which states that my service is continue from 12/08/2013 (DOJ), In the month of JULY 2018 second company change its name and I have been given promotion and letter of new company was received which does not state any details of appointment considered from DOJ. Am I eligible for Gratuity. What process I need to follow to claim

From India, Jalalpur

Change of name will not curtail the liability to pay gratuity. Gratuity entitlement comes up only when you leave the company. Any idea why company has changed its name?
From India, Pune
actually I work in shipping company and its a big group with lots of small company's registered under one group, and from DOJ i observed that every 2 - 4 year they change the company's name.
From India, Jalalpur

As mentioned by the learned member the Gratuity becomes payable upon your exiting the company in this instance. Whatever maybe the idea behind change of names every once in a while by your employer, you try to send an email asking for the Gratuity payment and the other formalities that has to be completed. Be courteous and try to exit in a diplomatic manner. If there is no indication of any payment coming forth after the due period of 1 month after your exit, try to send in another letter/email asking for the process taken up and likely paying time. Make sure to keep all your correspondence on record just in case. Ultimate resort would be to intimate and go to the Labour Officer locally and take up the issue along with the details.
Thanks and Regards

From India, Hyderabad
Dear friend,
Change in the name of an orgaization or its constitution is a mere cosmetic change and such a change, ipso facto, cannot have any adverse impact on the existing service conditions of its employees.
The Companies Act doesn't have any such classification of the registered companies as "group company" though such a term is loosely used to denote independent units of business entities under one and the same business house like the Tata, Birla, TVS groups for the sake of common identity and image promotion.
Coming to the periodic attempt of changing the name of a particular unit by the management, it is a valid point to ponder over as a measure of precaution from the perspective of continuity of services of its employees. Better keep all the documents relating to your employment intact and in order. Do not yield to any pressure for resignation letters whenever such name change occurs.

From India, Salem
The views given by senior members of the forum is valid and change of name will not curtail the liability to pay gratuity.
As a responsible person you need to keep all these documents for future use & reference, if anything wrong happens.

From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server