Hi, I was working in a firm and had to resign as the company had closed the position i was working on and was going through a financial crisis.
Me including several other employees did not receive their salary for 2 months. During the 2nd month i was asked to resign by the company as they were closing the position with my previous 1 month and current month salary unpaid.
They told me they will settle the amount in 45 days and now it has been more than 3 months and they are just postponing it after many calls and exchange of mails.
What can i do in this situation?

From India, Bengaluru

Prepare youself for senior leadership roles by discovering your unique leadership style →
Promoted: UCLA - Executive Leadership in a VUCA World (Explore Course)
If you were a workman, make a complaint to the local Labor Officer or in case your monthly salary did not exceed Rs.24000/= file a claim before the Deputy Labor Commissioner for the area withinwhich your establishment lies. Alternatively, you may file a claim u/s 33C(1) of the ID Act.
Otherwise, you may have to institute a Civil Suit for recovery and damages for the breach of the contract of employment.

From India, Salem
I was not a workman i was working as a video editor my salary was 28k/month. Who do i get in touch with?
From India, Bengaluru
It is a universally accepted fact that it is neither the designation nor the salary which determines the status of one's employment as that of a workman or otherwise. While critically analyzing the definition of the term "workman" u/s 2(s) of the Industrial Disputes Act,1947, if it is clear in the first instance that the nature of the work performed is of manual, unskilled,skilled, technical, operational or clerical, the individual becomes a workman. To my understanding, a video editor just edits the videos taken by the videographers and as such it is purely a technical work. Therefore, no predominant supervisory activity is attached to this post irrespective of the amount of salary paid.
Hence I would suggest that the poster can seek his remedy under the ID Act,1947 as stated earlier by me.

From India, Salem

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server