Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
One of my friend was caught by police while driving back home. He was drunk, but was within limits. He was caught by police and they filed FIR on him under Section 75 of TNCP ACT (Petty offence for verbal abuse).He paid fine with some additional amount and they let him go in 30 mins. Now the police are uploading FIR's online and this record is online.
1. Can the police let him go after getting fine/money even after FIR? Previously people will go to mobile court and pay the fine ?
2. He did not get any message from court? But FIR status show closure report/Charge sheet sent to court ? Can the police collect the fine on court behalf ?
3. He got offer from an IT MNC and his Background verification is in progress. Will this affect his career?
4. Will this create any issue while applying for passport renewal/ Visa for foreign?
I did some enquiry on the known circle and it seems petty offences are not treated that bad as expected but he is very much afraid and is already sorry for this. Any advise would be greatly helpful.

From India
State the facts properly. Did they take money or fine from him and leave him?
If FIR is registered how can police take fine?. If FIR is registered he has to appear in court mandatorily.
You are saying the chargesheet has been sent to the court. Has it been sent to the court?
Drink and drive is a serious offence and police cannot take a spot fine.
So please confirm the fact whether they had taken fine form him and still submitted the charge sheet in the court?

From India
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™