PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I joined a corporation last year and had to quit on the first day due to certain medical conditions and informed about the same to the concerned HR the very same day. But now after almost a year, they are demanding me to pay them compensation for leaving without serving the notice period even though I just worked for one day and I was on probation at the time.
At the time of my voluntary abandonment of service, I asked the HR if anything had to be done on my part and he informed me of no such thing.
What should I do?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Have they given anything in writing?
Pl share correspondence duly masking names etc
They have no chance of winning any legal battle on this ground
Yes, they posted me a letter detailing the amount of compensation due.
Also, they opened a bank account on my name even after I told them that I won't be joining the company on the second day only and they credited certain an amount. But I have no authority over this account nor do I have any papers relating to it.
It is a leading private bank.
Did you fill up any bank a/c forms on first day?
This leading bank would not have opened a/c of an employee without photo,signatures and other proof.
It was part of the first day formalities. Opening the salary account, but I informed about that to the concerned HR at the time of leaving. And moreover, I received the account opening message on my phone number months later.
Plus, I have not used this bank account nor did I receive any passbook or any such papers relating to that account.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™