Thread Started by #john-dalvi

Dear all,
Just a general query, whom can employees contact if they are deprived of their basic rights like offer letter/ appointment letter/ PF / ESIC. Some place where their names would remain silent. Because there are a lot of employers who steal/ bully their employees even from their basic rights, is there some governing body who is looking at this on the back end who can help such employees while the employees themselves don't loose their own jobs.
19th January 2019 From India, Pune
Hi John,
The status of the firm of the employer will decide who is the Authorised official to govern the employees related issues, especially the non-compliance of Labour Laws. Generally Labour Inspectors of the respective state govts.(Labour Inspectors, Asst.Labour Commissioner (Central) as applicable) are such officials. However in respect of EPF & ESIC Acts there are Inspection Officers who are having the jurisdiction over such units with whom the aggrieved employees can file their plaints and obtain acknowledgement. There is also provisions to file complaints 'Online' in the respective portals on the web sites of the respective departments.
There is no 'governing body' as you mentioned to go into these details.
19th January 2019 From India, Bangalore
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2017 Cite.Co™