however rules regarding nomination:
Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
(1) Each employee, who has completed one year of service, shall make, within such time, in such form and in such manner, as may be prescribed, nomination for the purpose of the second proviso to sub-section (1) of section 4
(2) An employee may, in his nomination, distribute the amount of gratuity payable to him under this Act amongst more than one nominee.
(3) If an employee has a family at the time of making a nomination, the nomination shall be made in favor of one or more members of his family, and any nomination made by such employee in favor of a person who is not a member of his family shall be void.
(4) If at the time of making a nomination the employee has no family, the nomination may be made in favor of any person or persons but if the employee subsequently acquires a family, such nomination shall forthwith become invalid and the employee shall make, within such time as may be prescribed, a fresh nomination in favor of one or more members of his family.
(5) A nomination may, subject to the provisions of sub-section (3) and (4), be modified by an employee at any time, after giving to his employer a written notice in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed, of his intention to do so.
(6) If a nominee predeceases the employee, the interest of the nominee shall revert to the employee who shall make a fresh nomination, in the prescribed form, in respect of such interest.
(7) Every nomination, fresh nomination or alteration of nomination, as the case may be, shall be sent by the employee to his employer, who shall keep the same in his safe custody.
11th January 2019 From India, Pune
Your successive query indicates that this query relates to the nomination provided for under the Payment of Gratuity Rules. In general, nomination refers to the the act of a person formally authorising in this regard some one or many to receive a monetary benefit due to him in case of his death anytime before its receipt by him and the document in writing submitted by him to the person with whom the benefit vests in.
In the context of your query it is the nomination for receiving the gratuity or its modification as the case be under the PG Act,1972.
Rule 6(1) of the Payment of Gratuity (Central) Rules,1972 prescribes Form F as the format of initial nomination to be submitted by an employee to his employer in duplicate.
"90 days" refers to the maximum time limit for its submission by an employee already in employment for a year or more on the date of commencement of the Rules.
" 30 days " refers to the time limit of submission by an employee who completes one year of service in the establishment from the date of its completion.
Rule 6(3) provides for modification of the nomination already submitted by means of a fresh nomination by the employee. In case of acquiring family after earlier nomination or the nominee happens to die before the employee as provided for u/sr (4), it shall be 90 days from such incident.
11th January 2019 From India, Salem