Hi I'm serving notice period and i noticed that my pan card is not linked to UAN, tried doing it and error was Pan verification failed due to name mismatch.
Name in Aadhar is Veronica A
Bank acc Veronica A
UAN is Veronica A
but in Pan it is Arvind Kumar Veronica.
My doubt is if i change my name as Veronica in Pan will it match to link Pan in UAN portal as Pan card will not accept initials. Please suggest.
10th January 2019 From India, Faridabad
Your thinking is like cutting your foot to match the shoe. Don't do that. PAN data can be amended by filing an application for correction in the PAN data. When all other source docs. are as 'Venonica A' you shouldn't go all out to change other docs. Better stick to what is in your basic docs like SSLC & other edu.certificates as these are very fundamental docs for any purposes. It's always possible when filling a online data the first name, middle name and last name are retyped as it is in printing in smart cards like PAN Card. It's not difficult to amend the PAN to be in line with other source/basic docs. Use the attached format in this link (online submission also possible)
11th January 2019 From India, Bangalore

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: pdf Request for New PAN Card or and Changes or Correction in PAN Data Form.pdf (326.3 KB, 50 views)

Hi, Thanks for the information, I'm still confused could you please help me. I went to Pan office to change my name as per Aadhar card (Veronica A) but pan officer told that they wont accept Initial in Pan Card so my initial "A" should be abbreviated as Arvind (my dad's name) or they asking to change my name in Aadhar as Veronica. Please advise.
14th January 2019 From India, Faridabad
I think you are worried too much for nothing. In the circumstances, simple solution as you first opted, make an application for change in PAN card saying only VERNOICA, i.e. without initial. I think that won't create any problem for you. Afterall PAN No. doesn't change, so that you can retain other docs. without any alteration. I hope this will suit you.
14th January 2019 From India, Bangalore
Hi Veronica,
Incidentally I wish to inform you my name has got initials to my name printed on my PAN card. I don't know how to respond to the inability you are facing. Any how get your PAN amended.
And, Pl.note: The form which was attached to my first reply, box No.1, last line ask you to fill the boxes as to how "Name you would like it printed on the PAN card"
Now ask yourself - what did you fill in your application ? I afraid, you might have asked it to be printed as "Arvind Kumar Veronica". You would know it better.
17th January 2019 From India, Bangalore
Actually I am also facing the same issue, since all my documents says M Sangeetha, but my Pan has "sangeetha muniswamy" since it doesn't allow you to write initials, though i can get it printed with as many initials on the card, but your registration is not allowed with the initials.
Now UAN & Aadhar is linked, but Pan is not. hence stuck up.
I think only offline will sort out
15th July 2019
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™