Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Kumar Iyer
Human Resources

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Dear Friends, i work for a chemical manufacturing company in Mumbai.need your advice on following > do i need to cover casual workers both under group medical insurance and group accident policy? OR can i only cover them under Group medical insurance ?? with accident coverage - can someone reply please?
Dear Kumar Iyer
Is your company is covered under ESIC? If yes it is not mandatory to take any of these insurance policy.
If No, you will require to take Group Accident Policy. It is optional to take mediclaim as a welfare measure.
Shailesh Parikh
99 98 97 10 65

Since casual labor also covered under the EC Act,1923 I would like to suggest taking an Employees Compensation Policy from the LIC to guard against the liabilities of the employer in respect of claims arising out of employment accidents.
This is a precautionary step, when they are not covered under the ESI Act,1948.

Mr.Umakanthan Sir has very rightly advised
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™