Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Insolvency N Gst Professional
Human Resources

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I need format that if someone goes on official trip and if someone met with an accident then company will not liable to pay and will not responsible for the same.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear member,
If the employee goes on official trip to outstation and if he/she meets with an accident then you are liable to pay the compensation as per the law. You cannot indemnify yourself by issuing some office circular. ESI employees are covered under ESI as such. For non-ESI employees, you may take insurance policy.
Not just official trip to outstation but when employees goes for some work in the same station and if he/she meets with some accident then also the company remains liable to pay the compensation as per the law.
Compensation need not be paid if negligence or transgression of law is proved in the enquiry. But then that is a secondary matter.
Dinesh Divekar
Apart from what learned member stated above, the question of trying to escape liability is wrong.
Take adequate coverage from suitable insurance company and keep your employee safe as well as company interest.
It should not be a question of penny wise and pound foolish, apart from legal consequences if accidents take place in company premises etc.
Dear Anonymous,
As advised by our seniors above, your company cannot getaway when the employee is "on official trip" as stated by you.
Is it justified at least logically, when an employee is staking his life for sake of your Company ??
Dear member,
The employee whether on station or at outstation duty the liability on account of an accident remains in scope of employer. The employer can not defy its liability. If he/she meets with an accident then your company is bound to pay the compensation as per the law. You cannot indemnify yourself by issuing some office circular and tht would stand void.
How this rediculous ideas are coming to one's mind is beyond my imagination. You better plan to go for some insurance policy to take care all these types of compensation arises and is as per the law also.
The Compensation only to be paid if anything arises while discharging the work but not for one's negligence or of personal nature.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™