There is a possibility of missing links in the ESI office. Don't get upset over the delays happening that is the fate of Indian bureaucracy. What to do better visit the concerned officer repeatedly and try to ascertain what is to be done now. As you know ESIC is providing the Death benefit to the Dependents of the insurable employee.
If the employee died due to fatal accident during the course of employment or coming to or going to home from office than his dependents are eligible for the benefit. Pl.check whether your sister submitted all following documents required to process your claims List of Documents under ESIC Act:
1. Form No 12 (Accident Report)
2. Form No 15 (Claim Form)
3. Form No 22 (Funeral Expense Claim)
4. Death Certificate
5. FIR Report
6. Death Certificate in original along with two attested copies have to be submitted
7. Inquest copy
8. Postmortem Copy
9. Panchnamu copy
10.Forensic report copy
11. Death Cause Certificate
12. NOC of the handing over the Dead body to the Legal heir of the deceased employee
13. Address proof of the claimant & deceased employee
14. Certificate of the employer stating whether the death was while in service of the member or not.
15. Dependent certificate whether he/she is dependent on the deceased employee
16. Investigation report and statement of witness etc.
17. Age proof of the claimant
18. Attendance Sheet
19. ID Card
20. Birth Certificate of deceased employee
21. Birth Certificate of Parents
22. 3 passport size photos of parents 23. Bank A/c With Dena Bank or State Bank of India ( Individual of Mother & Father)
You'll know what's happening there if you would repeatedly contacting the concerned.
Thanks for advising in details. The brother in law died in the year Nov2010 due to fatel accident while going home after completing duty. All the required papers submitted thereafter and her pension started in the year 2011. Till January 18 she has been getting monthly ESI pension and thereafter the same is not being credited on her account. While checking on line, it was found that some other name is incorporated in the same ESI no in addition of my sister and her dependent children. We approached ESI authorities in person and described the same and also registered complaint in writing. The person received the complaint without acknowledging and confirmed that this is a mistake occured in their part and would be resolved very soon. From last four months he is giving this assurance even after visiting to ESI office regularly. My self, being staying away from Delhi is not able to contact the authorities in person. I had a talk over phone of ESI rep who assured that this will be completed by 15th Dec2018 but he did not provide me his phone number.
Till today no progress is made and the only option is left that I should visit personally. My request is to know to whom I address the issue for early settlement. As it appears that conduct of the person is not understood.
Please advise to enable me to take appropriate action in the matter.
P S Negi
I am trying to lodge my complaints on ESIC grievance portal. I attempt several time but every time I get a message "Due to server error please log in after sometime". Is there any other portal where I may lodge my ESIC complaints.
The ESIC personnel not giving me the factual position of above case. I understand that something wrong done by them. If I make a call they give many other reason for stoppage of ESIC family pension such as system error made by some other people whom they do not know and always assure us the case will be settle at the earliest.
My sis who is the recipient of the ESIC pension is very depressed due to the above. Moreover her financial condition reached to a pathetic level and we too suffered on various ways by providing financial aid and precious time to follow up personally to this case. The callousness attitude of ESIC Gurugaon branch has now become intolerable.
Please suggest to whom we represent this case .
1. Send a legal notice under RPAD giving 15/30 days notice to RPFC;
2. You may even file an RTI query, listing out all possible queries you'll have by attaching D/D towards charges (you may also check the steps to be taken for this purposes, fees, designated officer etc. made available on EPFO's web site under RTI)
3. Once you receive RTI reply you may even consider filing a suit in an appropriate Consumer court or civil court/HC as may be applicable seeking directions of the court for redressal of your grievances.