For BVC the employee has to join the company and then only the Employer can do the check.
You need to set the matrix as clear, minor & major category. For major cases it should be straight away termination. So for major cases it can Criminal offence, Theft, Forging of documents.
For minor - Difference in designation, Salary difference etc
Generally HR do the BVC after the employee joins it is because to have a win win situation as if the Candidate is selected and has confirmed his DOJ he must have resigned so the life cycle of that employee shall only be updated once his FNF is completed in his previous employment.
There are many companies which are doing BVC however only approach those companies which are NASCOM & NSR certified as they only have the power to do the verification.
19th December 2018
1) Criminal past records-verification from police station of domicile; comprehensive Criminal Search (Verbal & records); Court Record Search Online/offline.
2) Educational qualifications verification
3) Past experience- immediate past or crucial employment verification from firms -
employment verification, emoluments, perks, NOC/relieving/experience certificates
letters from management, team leaders/supervisors/colleagues as the case may be.
4) Antecedents-Present & permanent address verification – site visits.
5) Verification of PAN, Aadhaar/ Passport, endorsements therein.
6) Rating in 'CIBIL' if necessary, (where advances/loans are involved.)
7) Professional references check
8) Personal Reference Check-where the credibility of the candidates to be ensured by verifying in their surroundings/work places.
9) Habits-drinking & drug Test - where extensive driving is involved.
10)Conflict of interest- This is required mostly for Sr.management levels where the relatives/associates likely to influence the employers' activities.
11) Bank credits-statements of atleast last three months wherein salary for past service were credited to corroborate last drawn salary.etc.
In case the negative feedback is reported by the accredited agency the present employer either relieve the concerned with or without any remarks. In such instances proportionate agreed salary for the period in attendance is paid, and no F&F settlement would arise. Generally this type of separation is not treated as termination, just close the matter after a document is got signed by the candidate mentioning the reasons and he/she committing not to raise any dispute over the matter, all originals are returned.
19th December 2018 From India, Bangalore