PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Dear HR Mates,
We have an employee who has resigned over the mail stating cannot work due to personal reason and want immediate release. Post which the employee has not reported. As for the Salary part, the employee has smartly dropped in the mail the day salary was credited (1st of the month) and discontinued thereafter.
He/She has clear terms of serving 1 month notice period mentioned in the appointment letter. Tried talking and understanding the so-called personal problem, but the employee denied revealing anything under the pretext of it being uncomfortable to confront. Additionally, also by denying to report back and serve the notice period.
My query here is, what legal action can we take as employer here? Apart from holding back the employee's F&F settlements, letter.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
You can deduct one month notice period amount from his full and final settlement. Moreover, if any legal loss occurred due to his sudden off, you can take legal action against him only if you have proper evidence.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™