I have following queries which will also be useful for other members:
1. What is the required numbers, qualification and experience of safety officers, safety supervisors and safety stewards as per BOCW Act / Rules
2. Are the institutes (for basic and safety qualification) required to be recognized in India or the respective State?
3. Is a contractor legally bound to provide minimum safety manpower (numbers, qualifications etc.) as per BOCW and which is the enforcing agency that can interfere in case of non-compliance? If a contractual clause with customer does not explicitly state the requirement of safety manpower as in 1 above, does the contractor still have to follow BOCW rules as a minimum?
4. Are NEBOSH, NILEM valid in India?
5. Where can I find the list of Recognized Institutes for the purpose of basic qualification and safety qualification?
Thanks in advance for your inputs.