I have following queries which will also be useful for other members:
1. What is the required numbers, qualification and experience of safety officers, safety supervisors and safety stewards as per BOCW Act / Rules
2. Are the institutes (for basic and safety qualification) required to be recognized in India or the respective State?
3. Is a contractor legally bound to provide minimum safety manpower (numbers, qualifications etc.) as per BOCW and which is the enforcing agency that can interfere in case of non-compliance? If a contractual clause with customer does not explicitly state the requirement of safety manpower as in 1 above, does the contractor still have to follow BOCW rules as a minimum?
4. Are NEBOSH, NILEM valid in India?
5. Where can I find the list of Recognized Institutes for the purpose of basic qualification and safety qualification?
Thanks in advance for your inputs.
From India, Noida
As per Factories act,
A candidate must do ME-Industrial safety Engineering From GO approved Institution from Ministry of labor and Employment
PG Diploma in Industrial safety From RLI,chennai or CLI,Mumbai
The above mentioned criteria will be considered in Industries for recruitment of Safety Officer.
From India, Namakkal
If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.