As per SC's orders those employees who are in receipt of pension under EPF/EPS Act and retired from service on attaining the age of superannuation are eligible to apply to local RPFC for claiming revised pension .
The RPFC whom I met in person last week required me to furnish copies of Form 3 A from the previous employers for the period from 1995 to 30.09.2008 ( ie date when I retired from service on attaining the age of superannuation ie 58 years)
The fact remains that out of 4 establishments where I worked during the period between 1995 and 2008 , out unite have become defunct whilst the other two immediate ( erstwhile ) employers pleaded their inability to trace out form 3 A as these documents were old and disposed off after keeping it for 3/4 years . In the meanwhile when I asked the RPFC to refer to form 3-A kept in their office for the relevant period and proceed to work out the arrears of amount ( part of EPF already settled) and let me know for remittance and to advise on enhanced pension , he also pleaded his inability to trace such documents as they had already been disposed off and they were unable to lay their hands on such records ,stating further that if his office were to keep all such old records ( more than 3 years old) they may require many such buildings to keep such records and hence once again insisted to get it from previous employers . I am really stuck as to ow to proceed.
I have only some random pay slips issued y the previous employers and also the relevant EPF/EPS numbers of respective employers .
It is also not known , even if I mange to get Forms 3 A from the immediate past 4 employers , should I need to get from 3 A from the rest of previous employers . In fact I was in employment and covered under erstwhile pension scheme since 1976 . There is no clarity .
Please offer your expert guidance /view/solution in the aforesaid circumstance
P.Senthilkumar Mobile 9884009193
22nd November 2018 From India, Chennai
unless the employer helps , the employee is not in position to get the same,
employers maintain 3A register also and they can provide the photocopy if they have the same in their custody
23rd November 2018
Assuming that the employer furnishes Form 3 A and other required details on behalf of the employee with appropriate joint declaration as required by RPFC , will the EPFO rely on such documents and straight away proceed to calculate the amount payable by the retired employee and inform the revised pension . Since the RPFC cliams that records older than 3 years are not available in their office. How will they verify the authenticity of Form 3 A and other details furnished by the employer
6th December 2018 From India, Chennai
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™