I have a unique and peculiar case point w.r.t strange EPF withdrawal rules pertaining to my case.
Here's a brief history
1. Initially worked for 5 years , then took off to US on a project work
2. In US I switched jobs, got GC, got USC through naturalization. Finally decided to return to India for good.
3. After coming back to India as OCI card holder, i worked for an MNC for 7 years and quit. The MNC also closed down.
4. The MNC where I worked classified me as IW (international worker) and deducted PF and EPS at higher pay!
5. The UAN is linked only with my MNC service (as IW). The 1st innings PF account (5 years) is not linked, I am yet to trace them as I have contributed PF there also
Now the strange EPFO rules part - I tried to withdraw PF online as I am jobless now, but got a rejection stating why I have made EPS contribution beyond the restricted wages, and clarify whether I am IW through the employer (employer is no more)...
Now the catch22 part: As per EPFO, an IW cannot withdraw PF until 58 years, also IW cannot withdraw PF on short service (have to put 10 years minimum)...If I put 10 years, I cannot withdraw EPS amount NOR get higher monthly pension (??) If I trace the old PF a/c and link them I will cross 10 years, is that right?
what are my options here and how to go about it? I have 10+ years more to become 58 yrs...i thought of withdrawing the PF and pension and start my own venture, but stuck! I have big corpus stuck in EPF and EPS since the deduction was made on full pay and more chunk went into EPS....
Appreciate your responses...thanks 17th November 2018 From India, Bengaluru