Dear Seniors , kindly enlighten the topic on workmen compensation , one of our worker met with an accident last year and lost his ring finger. After one year now his compensation amount got cleared by Insurance company. My question is - delay in process for one year is there any penalty attractive on this ???
Is he eligible to have full time employment form our company

From India, Palakkad
Was the workman met with an accident was temporary ? If yes then it is not compulsory to provide him permanent employment.
From India, Pune
One year delay in settlement was not caused due to any act of the company but by the Insurance company. Therefore, the insurance company will pay whatever interest is payable. Obviously the amount that the employee got would include interest also.
This is a case of permanent partial disablement. The amount of compensation awarded would be based on the loss of earning capacity of the worker. It can be any percentage of the total earning capacity of the worker. If, say, he has lost 20% of his earning capacity then he can be gainfully employed for the remaining 80%. Therefore, he can be employed in such activity which can make him earn that 80% of the earnings that he was earning before the accident.

From India, Kannur

If you are knowledgeable about any other fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.






About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service



All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server