Management Consultancy
[email protected]
Executive Accounts

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
My Brother worked in a rubber hose production company As a works Manager, but the company not deducting any PF/ESI at the time of returning from the company he died in accident, can we(brothers wife) get any compensation from their company? My brother worked from 2014 to till his death (24.07.2018).
From India, Bengaluru
The only legal question that remains is whether the deceased was covered under the Employee Compensation Act 1923. It is not likely but you may check Schedule II of the Act on the scope of the Act. As this was a traffic accident, the motor vehicle compensation is substantial and shall be pursued. Is there no Insurance policy or death relief scheme of the company?
From India, Mumbai
Beyond accepting the point mentioned by Mr.KK!HR, one more thing here to be noted is if the employer has contributed in Employee compensation Act, whether the employee (your brother) has given the nominee details in the policy or not also matters.If not so, the Management may not give the compensation to others beyond legal heirs or nominees.
Kindly check out.

From India, Hyderabad
MY BROTHERS COMPANY NOT COVERED ANY INSURANCE FOR THEIR EMPLOYEES. I AM ASKING FOR LEGAL HEIR OF MY BROTHERS WIFE. MY question IS any legal possibility to claim any compensation from the company by my brothers wife. motor vehicle insurance PA claim is only 1lak.and also she had a children's 6 and 11 yr age.
From India, Bengaluru
The employer is bound to pay the compensation from his sources if he (the deceased/your brother) died while coming from the duty as stated by you.
Please approach the Management (your brother's company) immediately,if they have not responded you can approach the Labor Department for necessary action. They will lodge a case of Workman's Compensation against your brother's employer

From India, Hyderabad
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™