Hr Executive

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I have Recently Joined the Construction Industry who are entrusted with the Road Construction activity of 45 K/m under the aegis of NHAI where I have taken BOCW Registration Along with the Contract Labour Licence (Central) As a Compliance under the same. But Some of Mine Senior has also stating me to go for a factory License. For which I have been confused. We are also going to establish a Batching Plant, Asphalt Plant,WMM Plant, Fuel Pump, Storage of Construction Material all are in connected with the Constructed activity.SO senior kindly guide me either I will have to go for Factory Licence Also.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Colleague,
The activities of Asphalt plant , Batching plant etc planned by you in addition to core activity of road construction fall under manufacturing process and therefore, are required to be covered under Factories Act/Rules.
Vinayak Nagarkar
HR- Consultant.
You need to comply with Factory Act. If basic conditions are met. Power and Manpower.
Apart from that you need to comply with lot more regulations.
since I do not know the conditions of the site I am giving the list of all the Laws generally applicable to the construction of roads.
Please check with your project in charge for compliance.
A. MOEF Requirement Road construction -- EIA Report & Environment clearness from MOEF
B. Environment Protection Act :1986
C. The Water (Prevention & control of pollution ) Act, 1974
D. The Water (Prevention & Control of pollution) Cess Act, 1977, including rules, 1978
E. The Air (Prevention & control of pollution ) Act, 1984
F. The Hazardous Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2000
G. Manufacture, Storage & Import of Hazardous Chemicals Rules, 1989
H. Forest clearance for tree cutting (Local, State and Center if required)
I. Local authority or Grampanchyat permission for establishment of plant
J. District Industry Center permission for industry
K. Factory Act: 1948 (Crusher, HMP, RMC & CRMB) Plant Establishment.
L. State Factory Rule (Director of Industrial Safety and Health requirement)
M. Building and Other Construction worker Act, 1996.
N. The Mines & Minerals Act, 1957 and
O. Mineral Concession Rules, 1960
P. Land acquisition Rule-1998
Q. Petroleum Rules, 1976 (Petroleum & Explosive Department)
R. The Indian Electricity Rules, 1956
S. Batteries Act, 1989
T. Minimum Wages Act, 1948
U. EPF,ESIC etc.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™