Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Hr Consultant
+1 Other

Hi All,
I have raised this query after searching the solutions in Cite HR. My query is about one of the employee in my company, who works as store manager. He has been in the system for 6 months and suddenly on July 12th he left without informing anybody. He was not reachable over the phone for alteast a week or 2. Now he has joined back to the company on 10th August and company has also accepted him because of his performance. My query here is since he had absconded, we had deactivated his previous employee id. Now when he has joined back, can we reissue him the same employee id or should we create a different employee id for him.
My HR Head has suggested him to reissue the old employee id, as the manager to whom the employee is reporting have good relations.
I am not sure whether is it correct to issue the same old employee id to the absconded employee.
I believe that if the person has absconded and come back, we should assign him new employee id.
Please suggest.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors made possible with help from our prime sponsors like:

TALENTEDGE Who provide a platform for "interactive anywhere learning". Courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses

FACTOHR - Provides Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS that can help streamline your organisation. Explore Features

Register Here and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
A 25 days continue no show of employee
Did the company issued the SCN to employee on email or by registered post to his available postal address?? if not then a leave of mere 25 days does not confirms absconding, there may be several incidental situations, where the person was unable to inform. or may have informed through anyone else but it did not reached the management,
It is the issue between management and employee, if management is satisfied by his replies and ask him to resume then it is absolutely not a break of service but LOP leave, i.e without payment, However the management or upper HR division must have obtained a written request with reasons of absence, with promise not to repeat it in future.
Declaring such case without issue of SCN, as absconding may drag the management to legal issues, as if the employee can produce valid and acceptable reason for absence, and management get rigid for absconding .......then management has to pay notice fees and compensation also. it would get subject to labor laws as termination of service without notice by employer.
Dear Friend,
If the services of the employee was not terminated & his name removed from the rolls of the company, there is no question of new id, continuing with old id is correct & proper. If absconding is mentioned as misconduct in the company policy then disciplinary proceeding can be initiated against him by issuing him show cause notice & so on.
The question of issuing new id arises only when the name of the employee is removed from the rolls of the company. Your thought process has to change.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultnt
Well Thanks Mr. Bharat and Mr. Sharma.
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™