Thread Started by #Rohit Gohel

Dear Sir,
I worked in Private Limited company from 21.12.2012 to 12-05-2018. i also got my salary direct by RTGS/NEFT in salary account(which opened by company for me in March 2013.) in HDFC Bank. now after resigned i asked for Gratuity to company HR, but he denied my request by saying that i am on payroll as a trainee in company till March 2014 after they place me on roll in company so company not pay my gratuity amount. i asked to give appointment letter copy with my signatured where mentioned that i am on payroll base or as a trainee but HR not give to me till time. i have not joined as a trainee or payroll, request to you pl help me. what should i do in this matter. is there any other way to explain to company's HR or any legal action suggested for me to take.
Rohit Gohel
22nd August 2018 From India, Ahmedabad
Dear Rohit,
Designation can not be a conclusive proof of a person's employment status. No employee could be a trainee for almost 15 consecutive months in an organization unless and otherwise he was recruited only as a trainee under a scheme of training with stipend. Therefore, notwithstanding the nomenclature as trainee in the company records, such a person would be an " employee " as defined under the Payment of Gratuity Act,1972. Better engage the services of an advocate and file a claim for gratuity before the Controlling Authority under the Act.
22nd August 2018 From India, Salem
Thank you very much sir, for your guidance.
Rohit Gohel.
25th August 2018 From India, Ahmedabad
Reply (Add What You Know) Start New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™