VanitahrI have recently joined hotel as a Hr - need your help in setting up Hr Dept. In this hotel their is no policies no procedures are defined. Where to start with the New Set up of HR in Hotel Industry?
From India, Silvassa
PROFESSIONALS AND BUSINESSES PARTICIPATING IN DISCUSSION
Insolvency N Gst Professional
nathraoDear anonymous friend,
First state how the hotel is running w/o HR policies etc
How was employee pay fixed?
How are the Payrolls being generated?
There must be some set up, even if not well organised.
That set up can be start point.
Hire one or two experienced personnel and start from existing records-add, amend as required
How big is the setup?
Collate all laws relating to your setup.See what documents are mandated to be kept.
Make a beginnin.
From India, Pune
take the following steps to establish the HR department and functions:
1. Create each employees Service Record
2. Create the following Departments: 1. Human Resources 2, Accounts 3 Food & Beverage Service
4. Food and Beverage Production (Kitchen) 5Housekeeping
6. Front Office 7. Others ie. Health Club & Recreation,
Swimming Pool etc.
3. Create grades for each department as per designation eg, in F & B Service : F & B Manager, Asst. F&B Manager, Restaurant Manager, Asst. Restaurant Manager, Sr. Captain. Captain, Hostess, Stewards, Buss boys.
4 for creating grades involve the GM, the F & B Manager & the Chef.
5. Draw out Employees Leave Policy, Annual Increment Policy & Assessment parameters
6. Prepare Appointment Letters and Confirmation Letter Formats and issue the same to existing staff Formats available on this cite.
Do the above and you are well on your way to establishing yourself.
From India, Mumbai