We have purchased land (only a portion and not all/ full land) of a closed industry . In the said purchased portion of land we are not carrying out the same manufacturing activity or any other trade activity. recently we have received a notice from the regional provident fund office to pay provident fund dues belonging to the closed industry who defaulted the PF remitances .
My query is how come we as a mere purcher of part land becomes liable to pay the provident fund dues of the closed industry.
any case laws on this may kindly be indicated.

From India, Adilabad
There is no such law in existence but being a purchaser of any land Or building whether it is industrial or residential, a prudent purchaser always insist to have abstracts of land records. Being a prudent purchaser, firstly it is advisable for you to obtain title clearance certificate of such subjected property from Lawyer. There are every chances that for recovering dues P.F. department handed over such recovery to District Magistrate (Collector) after failure of proceedings and for recovery of dues District Magistrate (Collector) have every right to recover due amount under C.P.C.
Can please let me know who is the seller of such disputed land?
A. Prakash

From India, Halol

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server