I am working as Chartered Accountant - CA- consultant in a Pvt ltd Co since three months. Recently i got an job offer with Higher Package . Earlier i had committed to work for long term, there is no contract document ( only on mail i have accepted this consultant offer )
The present employer is helpful & i treat him as god as he has helped me in difficult times 3 months back. Now i want to resign as a consultant and join the new company offer. But i am feeling that i m doing breach of trust. How should i take the matter to him? What reason i should give? Whether i must keep feelings?
pls help me & guide
31st July 2018
The best way is to sit across with the present employer and explain the situation and seek his advise on the way forward without hurting him as far as possible. Better not to take any decision when you are not emotionally stable, either happy or sad. Thank him for the break he had given you and tell him that you would be available in case of any urgent works or as a part time consultant. Discussion is the best way out in such situations.
Thanks and Regards
31st July 2018 From India, Hyderabad
What was the long term you had in your mind?
Go to your employer and openly speak to him.
Tell him you have got a better offer and would like to move on.
For all you know he may himself voluntarily tell you to move on or give a better offer..
Otherwise give him notice and move on.
He has been helpful but hopefully you also wold have worked sincerely and done your fair bit.
31st July 2018 From India, Pune
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™