How to obtain a Pension Certificate from Employee Provident Fund - CiteHR
Industrial Relations And Labour Laws
Srinath Sai Ram
Hr Manager

Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
I am 44 years of age and I used to work for Tech Mahindra Business Services Limited. I resigned on 18th April 2017 after 11 years and 5 months of service. I got an option to withdraw my PF which I did and got the same credited to my bank account in 30 days after applying for the same through the organisation after 2 months wait period. I was informed that since I worked for more than 10 years, I would be eligible for Pension after 58 years of age. Of course the PF that was released for me was excluding Pension Fund. I have not got any Pension Certificate from EPF office confirming the same. Can someone please help me and tell me the further procedure. All the relevant forms have been filled and given to the organisation, who have further given to EPF office to release PF.
The certificate that you have received from the PF Organisation is called Scheme Certificate. This certificate is an authentic record of your past service. When you join some organisation (to which PF applies) you can surrender this certificate to PF and with this surrender your past service will be added to the new service. When you retire from the new organisation, your pensionable service will be total service including the service mentioned in your scheme certificate, ie, the service of Tech Mahindra. If you leave the second organisation, again you can apply for another scheme certificate in which your accumulated service will be mentioned.
Alternatively, you can retain the scheme certificate with you. When you leave your second job again you can obtain another scheme certificate in which the service of the second organisation will be mentioned. Like the you may have any number of scheme certificate. On attaining your age of 58, while you apply for pension you can surrender all the certificates and get the credit of service.
I would say that surrendering the scheme certificate every time when you join is not practically okay because the PF Office may even miss out to give credit of your service and for that you may have to visit the office very frequently. At the same time when you just mention the scheme certificate numbers in your pension application (form 10D), there is no risk.

Dear Madhu,
Thanks for your reply.
I am retired now and I have got full PF to my bank account but I have NOT got pension certificate. How do I get the same?

You should apply for scheme certificate. If you have retired on attaining 58 years and after having rendered as service of 10 years, then you can directly apply for pension even without scheme certificate. Scheme certificate is obtained when you leave an Establishment before attaining the age of superannuation. If you had services in different establishments and whenever you left each establishment you had transferred the PF benefits, then also you may not hold any scheme certificate. On each change of employment and transfer of PF, your service would also have been transferred and accumulated. In such case, if you apply for pension you will get it on the basis of your total service.
Dear Madhu,
Thanks for your reply.
I am only 44 years of age and have signed all the documents and given to my organisation which has been given to PF office (10C) form and that has been 10 months back.
My question is I have not received my Pension certificate so how do I apply for the same?

You have not mentioned whether you have opted for scheme certificate in lieu of withdrawal benefits. There is a question in form 10C like would you like to have scheme certificate in lieu of withdrawal benefits? and if you had written "Yes" to it, then you would have also given the details of your family, name of spouse and names and dates of birth of your children and should have attached the birth certificates of you children. It is on the basis of these details that you furnish and the documents that you submit that the scheme certificate is prepared and sent to you. Opting for scheme certificate is the only option if you had worked for 10 years because once you have worked for 10 years you cannot opt for withdrawal benefits.
Now please verify whether you had more than 10 years (even 9 years and six months' service is enough for you to get pension) of service and i not please trace out whether you have got the amount of Pension Fund by way of opting for withdrawal of pension fund.

Hello Madhu,
Thanks for your reply.
I have submitted the 10C form along with all the relevant documents to my organisation which has been submitted to PF office.
My service was for 11 years and 5 months and I opted for full PF withdrawal which has been credited to my account. I was also informed that I will be getting a Pension certificate after 6 months of the credit of PF to my bank account and the same can be surrendered to PF office on completion of 58 years of age to opt for Pension every month or take a full interest free withdrawal of the pension.
My question is " I have not received my Pension Certificate." How do I get it now?
I am sending you an attachment of my PF statement for your reference
Sandeep Butaney

Attached Files
Membership is required for download. Create An Account First
File Type: pdf MHBAN00463200000009067.pdf (70.0 KB, 47 views)

Dear Sandeep,
Please escalate the matter to your Employer regarding non receipt of "Scheme Certificate.Your Employer will follow up with PF Department to know the status
Alternatively, you can know the status of your Withdrawal claim in EPF Website.
Please follow up the matter without any delay.presently are you Employed?

If you had 11+ years of service, certainly you should get Scheme Certificate. You may contact the PF office asap and get the details.
Thanks Srinath and Madhu
I am glad to know that I have finally got the answer that I have to contact PF office and employer. This has also been done and there is no reply from either of the parties for past 8 months now.
What else to do ?

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™