Insolvency N Gst Professional
+1 Other

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I am posted as Personnel Officer in a Central PSU Iron Ore Mines in the state of Jharkhand. We are having a full-fledged township providing accommodation to 500 employees and their dependants.
Though our mines and every other establishment is in the state of Jharkhand, we draw drinking water for our township from river in the state of Odisha. Due to this our drinking water supply pump house is in the state of Odisha.
Some antisocial elements from the neighbouring villages of Odisha, frequently disrupts our water supply by obstructing our employees from entering the pump house or by forcibly stopping the pump, on some demands. Due to this our employees and their families suffers.
I want to know, can we request State Govt for enforcing some law/notification on our pumphouse against forcible stoppage of it's operation, as it is linked with drinking water supply.

From India, Calcutta
This is more of a criminal case. Have you approached civil police with written complaint and photographic evidence of anti social elements creating problems?
From India, Pune
Dear Friend,
This is a severe matter your GM of Mines or RMD Official should take-up the matter with SP & DM of Sundergarh/Keonjhar as the case may be.
Your pump house must be having notice for barring "Trespass" immidiately lodge an FIR in local police station against the trespassers. The district administration may declare the area under 144 or you can move to court for getting a direction over the matter.
I feel that your mines may be having registration under Publict Utility Service which would help to some extent if any strike.

From India, Mumbai
Thanks Sirs.
Luckily, Collector of the district had paid a visit to our mine. We had apprised him of the problem. He have assured us of passing necessary instruction to local Police Station.
Hopefully the problem will be addressed, now.

From India, Calcutta
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™