One of my friend who worked as assistant professor in college was terminated last week with out notice period .He has completed his one year of service there.There was no salary for him in the vacation period and after his rejoining in June he was called to the office of the chairman and and told him not to come for job from the next day onward with out nay reason and and was not properly compensated .
27th June 2018 From India, Kottayam
In General they should not discontinue in this unethical way for a person who is in respectable role - Professor. However need to understand the issue from other side also, should also check the terms and conditions of the employment.
Thanks & regards
27th June 2018 From India, Hyderabad
Your friend was told verbally so you can not move for a legal fight but your friend can lodge a complaint of non-payment of wages before the labour department.
Once the proceeding starts under payment of wages everything shall be unflurred there. In my opinion contact a lawyer doing the labour matter in Tribunal & High Courts for future course of action.
29th June 2018 From India, Mumbai
Before approaching labour dept verify whether educational institutions in the state is covered by Payment of Wages Act 1936.Usually it is not.Further if the monthly wage of the employee is above Rs 24000.labour officer is helpless under POW Act.
Varghese Mathew
Tvm -9961266966
7th July 2018 From India, Thiruvananthapuram
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

Cite.Co - is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors. Register Here and help by adding your inputs to this topic/query page.
Prime Sponsor: TALENTEDGE - Certification Courses for career growth from top institutes like IIM / XLRI direct to device (online digital learning)

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™