Full and final payment not released - company asking to sign the no due certificate - CiteHR
Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
+1 Other

Prime Sponsor - FactoHR.com - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
Hi, I was working with a Mumbai based company since December 2015. On 23rd April 2018 they made me resign forcefully, even i requested them to let me complete current month, but they did not listen. They hv not even let me served the notice period. On asking for fnf and documents they said that they will release within 45 days. Now its more than 50 days but they have not released my payment, after no. Of calls and mails they sent me an email asking me to sign the no due certificate first only then they will release the payment. But how can i sign the no due certificate before receiving the dues.
Kindly suggest, can i take legal action.
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Hello there,
if you want to take a legal action towards company, you have a accepted copy of your resignation and Completed noc, or at least conditional relieving letter; F&F would be delay in most companies as it need so many signatures and approvals, if you think you may not get your F&F, take the papers to labor court and file a case on them.
Dear Friend,
No dues are always signed in advance. If you are doubtful about the intentions of the company you can mention on the no due certificate " Subject to realization of payment" and then sign.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant
Dear Friend,
I understand it may not be "No Dues" rather clearnce certificate where all the DH signed no dues means.......you owe nothing
Company would not pay any thing on head of F&F, until you finish clearance/nodues. Your complaint with labour department would stand void.
Dear Friend,
The No dues is different what you are thinking. During the course of your employment you might have provided with ID card, SIM card / Mobile, Laptop, data card, might have obtained advances from accounts & finance, reference books, tools etc., etc., in this context most of the companies will ask the resigned employee to obtain certification from each and every section / department confirming that there are no dues from the employee concerned so that the HR / Management can settle his account.
This is a mandatory document and in general this will be obtained on the last working day and with out submission of this the company will not provide the relieving / service certificate also but unable to understand why this particular company is asking for the same after 50 days. I suggest to discuss with the concerned HR, resolve the issue.
Prime Sponsor - Talentedge.com "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™