I was working with a Pvt. Ltd. Company since one year in stock department. Due to some irritations I resigned and was serving notice period. Than I was verbally offered a transfer in another unit of the company. I accepted and started working with another unit's account department and the work was new for me.
I accepted every work as a challenge and tried giving my 100 percent. Three of the senior Accounts officers were on leave and I was overburdened with work. I was still giving my best. There was no training system, they wanted a new employee to work as an account professional even they were aware that I am not from Accounts background. Earlier I was supposed to work as a account assistant.
I was overburdened with work. One day there was a petty cash difference found. My duty was only to tally note book inward outward with excel sheet. I did it. No difference was there. I sent my daily report and leave with HOD's permission. Next day the HOD scolded all three of us for the difference found. The main responsible person who is handling petty cash, her assistant and me. The HOD said it would be deducted from our salaries. I objected since I was not at fault. The amount difference was found after I left office when the petty cash handler and HOD cross checked the amount. I felt very uncomfortable being scolded in front of all staff for some others mistake.
My stomach was upset 3 days before this happened. I took leave from next day for a week. I informed them on time by msg and call.
Than I decided not to continue with the Company. I emailed them about my decision and asked them to complete my leaving process. As I have already resigned in previous unit and served notice period also, I didn't choose to resign here because they didn't provide me transfer letter or any documents regarding my joining in account department.
Now they are not ready to pay for my hard work and asked that I should have resigned and served notice period.
Please suggest me what should I do now.

From India, Mumbai

Understand the behavioral aspects at individual as well as organizational level →
Promoted: IIM Raipur Executive Development Program In Human Resource Management

Appreciate your hard work and efforts.
But one must not take decisions in emotional manner.
Once you joined back fresh notice period commences.
You need to tackle things in mature manner and deal with issues in different way.
If there was no difference in cash, proof should have been put professionally
Certain amount of angry talks do take place when problems come up.
One cannot quit so easily.
Now you should be calm and talk to the company and request them to give you honorable exit.

From India, Pune
Thank you Sir for a quick reply, but I was not provided with any document of joining or transfer letter in account department.
2 new candidates also left the company on their 3rd. day because of the similar issues. So I did.
If my joining was not on papers than how could I resign. Even I don't know my designation.
Kindly suggest.

From India, Mumbai

If any employee doesn't get any letters that too without designation before first salary then company doesn't have any right to question and employee can go legally on the company for doing so.
If employee doesn't want to have a headache of going legally then can go and join anywhere and company doesn't have any right to go legally.

From India, Hyderabad
Dear Shabana,
You could have approached this forum when you transferred from Stock Department to the Accounts Department. As such you had been transferred with the verbal orders. However, you could have put up application asking for reinstatement to the stock department. Neither you asked for written transfer order.
Nothing wrong to consider working in Accounts Department as learning opportunity. But then the time was not right. There was no need to prove your learning attitude while on the notice period.
Lastly, you had stopped reporting for duties because you were unwell. But even after your recovery what was the need to abandon your duties? You could have completed your notice period. Rather than abandonment of duties, you could have put up application for the restoration of your department. You could have made instance that happened in the Accounts Department, as grounds for the restoration.
Now only option you have left is to approach your company personally and talk to HR department. Do you have job at hand? If not, then ask HR whether they would like to give chance to you to complete the notice period. Complete the notice period and finish the unfinished business!
One more option is to to ask HR to provide Service-cum-employment certificate till your last working day. For the sake of this certificate, you might have to forego part of your salary. Consider this as price of abandonment of duties and move on.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
Thank you all for sharing your kind guidance. Thank you
From India, Mumbai
Dinesh Sir, Please explain part salary? How much? Thanks
From India, Mumbai
Dear Anonymous, Foregoing part salary means foregoing salary for the days for which you did not serve the notice period. Thanks, Dinesh Divekar
From India, Bangalore

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server