Greetings Members !
Need help regarding compliance.
I have recently joined an IT Company in Gurgaon, Haryana. I guess the Company is not registered for Shops & Establishment Act. So I have following queries, Request you to please help.
1. Company has registered for GSTIN, PF & ESI. Should we still get it registered for Shops & Establishment? If yes, please provide the steps for the same.
2. Will there be any penalty if we didn't register for Shops & Establishment Act?
3. Is there any procedure to check online if we are registered for Shops & Establishment Act?
4. What all records/reports to be maintained to be compliant to labour law?
5. What if we plan to hire a contractual employee on our payroll for six months? Do we need to register for Contract Labour Act?
6. What all records/Documents to be maintained for contractual employee? Would the Agreement suffice?
Request you to please help asap. Thanks !
From India, Delhi
Every Establishment, such as your's, Need to comply with the Laws of the land, as applicable to it, properly and faithfully failing which Stiff Penalties are prescribed and are leviable. The Manager so designated to comply with the applicable Laws must immediately apply for Issue of Certificate of Establishment under the respective Shops & Estab;lishmentAct/Rules of the State i.e. State of Haryana for which the State Notifications should be referred to.
Besides, please consult the Legal Dept in your Establishment or other knowledgeable Person for the sake of Full Compliance with the Laws such as Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition ) Act for the Points raised in your Posting. The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (P, P & R) Act 2013 and the Amendment thereto whereunder there is No Exemption, whatsoever is a recently enacted Law/ Statute applicable to your establishment/Workplace.
Any further assistance is available.
30, April 2018
From India, Delhi