Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
I have resigned from my current employer and am expected to be relieved on 27 April 2018. For the financial year from April 2017 through March 2018, the total tax cut is Rs 42,252 while my tax liability is only Rs 32,551. This error is due to the Annual Incentive which I got paid in Jan 2018. For the last 2 months (Feb 2018 and March 2018) my current employer has not cut a single rupee as TDS. Now, during my full & final settlement in April 2018, I am demanding a return of Rs 9701 (42252 – 32551) from my current Employer because this TDS was erroneously deducted by them.
Am I correct in demanding these Rs 9701 from my current employer?

From India, Mumbai
Hi Sagar,
If employer is deducted TDS, then they might have deposited with authority and they can't refund.
You can check your form 26AS, deduction details will appear in this form. You can file ITR return and claim the refund if any.

From India, Bangalore
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™