Ours is a manufacturing company and we are facing an issue with one of our female ex-employee. This lady has worked as an outsource employee with our company for a period of 3.5 yrs and then taken into our company rolls and worked for another 2.5 yrs (Total 6 yrs). Few months back she has resigned and submitted her PF claim form to HR Dept. While going through the claim, our hr executive noticed that her date of birth given in aadhar and pan card is not matching with records available in pf records. Couple of days back when she came along with her son to office our executive informed her to provide correct date so their may process the claim, but instead of providing correct details she is arguing with our executive and said yes i know my details are wrong its your duty to correct it. Our executive said it has to be done by individual and company people cannot do it and informed her to once go to pf office and check with them.
But instead of understanding the fact, she started arguing with our executive and even her son tried to beat him which was captured in the CC footage's. Our executive informed her that when you are not providing correct details and arguing like this i cant do anything and left from there, while leaving this lady and her son gave life threatening warning to our executive and said she will file sexual harassment case against him at police station. In the evening when our hr executive along with other staff members were leaving office this lady and her son obstructed their way and informed everyone to handover hr exe to them my son will teach him a lesson. Our staff argued with this lady and said if you know you have provided wrong details and if pf office is rejecting your claim what our executive can do, being a responsible person he informed you to provide correct details but instead of understanding you have misbehaved with him in this manner. The next day while going through cc footage's we observed that her son was taking some stick/rod from security gate, it seems he has already decided to harm our executive as warned earlier. It was informed to management about this issue and their instructed security and other superiors to take care of hr executive and also not to allow these people into company premises next time if their come. Different birth details given below:-
1 Date of Birth given in Resume : 25/12/1980, same date avble in PF records
2 SSC Certificate : 25/12/1976
3 Aadhar Card : 10/02/1977
4 Pan Card : 14/02/1979
(Remarks : All dates & year differ with each other as a result rejection of PF claim)
In view of the above, request to please suggest what we can do in this matter.

From India, Hyderabad
Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Insolvency N Gst Professional
+1 Other

Dinesh Divekar

Dear <Shakthi.Power@Gmail.Com>,
You have approached this forum when the situation has spin out of control. The perception of the woman employee is that it is HR Executive, who is obstructing their PF withdrawal. She perceives that anything related to PF is HR's responsibility. When HR Executive brought to fore the mismatch in the records related to date of birth, she turned hostile.
Nevertheless, the matter needs to be seen from the psychological bearing of the woman employee. If the woman employee enters into argument unnecessarily, if her son threatens or intimidates right in the HR Department itself, then members of this forum need to know what was her behaviour when she worked for the last six years? How come she was allowed to work for such a long time? How was her behaviour with the colleagues or her superiors? Were there complaints against her contrary disposition?
Why she her status of employment was converted from outsourced employee to permanent employee? Who did it? Were the behavioural aspects considered when such conversion took place?
When HR Executive joined your company? Did anyone give him feedback about woman employee's cantankerousness?
Now you have two options. One is to give competitive response and lodge police complaint. However, this option would be invitation to further headache. The second option is to show accommdativeness and help her in changing the DOB in PF records. Discuss with the senior authorities and weigh both the options. Finally the choice is yours!
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore

Sir, thanks for your reply. We just want to provide few points related to this woman. She has joined in our factory under production dept. and for some period she has done a satisfactory work, but when HR Dept. received complaints on her through dept. head, their warned her to improve but later on she started misbehaving with colleagues and senior staff, couple of times she was orally and in writing has been warned by Production Incharge & HR Dept. When hr exe received more complaints on her activities he tried to take up this matter to management as it was effecting other employees but a DGM cadre person stopped him and said you do your own work and don't involve in this matter or else its not good for you. But our executive taken up this to management. During that period management noticed that whatever hr exe was telling was true and after thorough observations it was found that this woman was willfully trying all such activities and even after knowing everything DGM was not taking any action. When their received another complaint that her son has beaten one of the senior employee outside company premises when he asked this woman to complete work on time, as a serious act management decided to remove her from services when that employee lodged police complaint in this matter. But again DGM involved in between and however managed to shift her from outsource to company rolls and also convinced management to give this woman one more chance to improve which she did not do it.
From India, Hyderabad

What is the interest of DGM in this matter?
When high officials interfere in this manner,lower level employees get a boost and act more rowdy with other officials.
Conduct of DGM needs to be brought to notice of highest in the company.
Probably company needs to assist in clearing her PF,so that she stops coming to the firm.

From India, Pune

If You Are Knowledgeable About Any Fact, Resource or Experience Related to This Topic and Want to Be Part of Such Discussions in Future - Please Register and Log In to Cite Community.

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2023 CiteHRŽ

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server