PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Payroll Software with GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I worked with a small scale IT company for close to 18 months and due to an accident, I had to leave the company in October 17. Back in March, I had received an increment. After a couple of months of being bedridden, the company did not employ me again as they had already found a replacement and subsequently became uncooperative. I had to gain my experience letter from the HR after faxing a lot of problems.
Now I joined another company in late Feb'18, and for the BGC, my previous manager refused to acknowledge I worked with them after march'17 on the grounds that I couldn't serve my notice period hence they can only accept my tenure till March, when I got my increment.
I have the original offer letter,experience letter and the salary slips. What I don't have is the increment letter (since it was a small company, they didnt provide it to me, and I admit I didn't pursue it a lot either). The company I have joined has asked for a mail from the previous company, but after numerous attempts, they are not ready to clear my BGV. If my BGV cokes as RED, I will lose almost an year of my professional career and possibly more, as I won't be able to show my previous company'S credentials to any future organisation.
What should I do? A couple of people suggested suing my previous manager but as a last resort. What can I do before that to ensure i can continue my employment with the current organisation?
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
You could send a legal notice to the company and not to individual manager.
Try to explain to your present company, after that legal notice about problems you had and how old company is creating hurdles.
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™