What exactly is the job of these workers?
On what basis selection has been done ?
Once you decide your objectives, talk to workers and try and understand their mind set.
Training should be related to their functions they are expected to do in the company?
Please assess their level of knowledge of the job and that could be basis for further training.
Suppose you have a mason, further training could be imparted on how to use right proportion of materials for his job, how to do a quick and better job by better techniques.
First thing as I have said is identification of what are the objectives and level to which training is to be done, so that you can arrange for instructors or people with experience in the trade/field and they can in turn educate the workers.
13th March 2018 From India, Pune
For any training objectives need to defined. In construction industry, maximum labors are unorganised and literate or semi-literate and they have come from villages. You can cover following training to your workers:
Non Technical training
1. Health and safety training
2. Discipline in the site
3. First Aid training
4. Fire fighting training
5. Emergency evacuation etc.
1. Masonry, welding etc training can be given by the experienced workers or supervisors.
Feel free to call or revert for any assistance/ clarification.
14th March 2018 From India, Bangalore
Training should be of work oriented. To whom you considered are either literate or semi-literate but having some work knowledge, which need to be poslidhed as per the requirement.
1. Segregate them as per their job knowledge i.e. (carpentry,massonary & others):
2. On skill development as per the categorisation
3. On safety asspect Health and safety training
4. Roles & responsibility with discipline
5. First Aid and what to be done in case of emergency
6. Interaction with foreman or superviser or engineer
Do not put them immidiately in job where skill is required rather utilise them as an helper for sometime till they get acustom to the situation.
15th March 2018 From India, Mumbai