Labour Law & Hr Consultant
Hr Executive
Saddy M
Technical Consultant, Pune

PRIME SPONSOR - FACTOHR - Customised Payroll, GPS Enabled Attendance, Travel, Performance Management, HRMS. Explore Features
I am working as a Consultant with MNC at Pune location since 6th feb 2017. I have 2 questions
1. I have been on medical leave since 9th nov 2017 due severe spinal cord injury. I am still undergoing treatment. I have been submitting all the medical documents on time. I did have few leaves which I have already utilised and now on loss of pay. How long will i be able to avail medical leave in my organisation ?
2. Will i get any part of salary if i am on loss of pay for complete month (30 days) ? Or no salary (zero salary)
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
There is no set protocol for the leave (sick) however it is a discretionary right of the the company to approved the leave or not.But in your case it seems genuine as you are suffering from the spinal cord injury.So it is suggested to apply for the leave for the period you want with the doctor's certificate which justify the rest for the Particular period.i am sure the well cultured company never denied the leave in case of your medical exigencies.
Senior member kindly correct it.if found something wrong.
No,You Will not get any part of salary while you are on loss of pay for complete month (30 days).
Ok thanks for clarication
As there is no protocol set for such scenarios.would you kindly suggest or provide a labor law link for this case
dear saddy
you can go through the standing order act 1946 for getting picture more clear.
Dear young friend,
I am sorry for what has happened to you by way of some accident. In fact if such a serious injury was not caused by any employment accident, one can not expect anything from the employer other than compassion. Only the extent of your employer's compassion can decide how long you can be on leave on loss of pay on such genuine medical grounds. In such a precarious situation, law can not be of any help to you. If it is possible for you to work from home, you can request your employer to consider it so that he can supplement your total loss of earnings at least to some extent. Take the treatment properly with a positive mind set and optimistic auto suggestion that you are getting better day by day.
Wishing you speedy recovery!
Thanks a lot everyone for your kind wishes and suggestions.
Saddy M
PRIME SPONSOR - TALENTEDGE "Interactive Anywhere Learning". Executive courses from top reputed institutes like IIM, XLRI, MICA. View Courses
Add Reply Start A New Discussion

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2019 Cite.Co™