Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
Hey guys,
I've been working for a company on a third party payroll on a 11month contract from 15th Feb - 14th Jan.
My contract has been extended for another 11 months. However, the third party payroll company has not given me any leave encashment. After I sent them a mail regarding the same, they replied with part of another trail mail where a senior from the client company stated that no employee will be given any leave encashment here on.
What do I do? What do I reply back? I was not updated about any change in the clients policy related to leave encashment. Was I supposed to be updated with the change in policy? Is there any law that I can go by?

From India, Mumbai
Dear Jashamara,
Normally, encashment of only earned leave/privilege leave/annual leave with wages remaining at the credit of the employee's leave account is statutorily permitted on termination of employment only. Therefore, no periodical surrender of such leave for cash benefit can be claimed by the employee as a matter of right. If it was included earlier in the Leave Policy of the immediate employer/contractor and subsequently changed, you can not fight with the TTP or the contractor because it is not statutory.

From India, Salem
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™