saiconsultStores fall in retail sector.So gather some information about the company and the products it sells and about it's network.
A store has normally the following organisational structure.
1) Store Manager as the head 2) Asst.Managers (no.depends upon the size of the stores)
3) Departmental mangers heading each department like,garments, electronics, food etc.
4) Team leaders heading a team of sales personnel in each department 5) Counter staff.
A store HR with generalist profile shall cater to the needs of this manpower at stores.
So the likely subjects on which questions can be expected in the interview for this position will be ;
1) Go through the Shops and Establishments Act of your State to know the timings,working hours, rest intervals OT provision, weekly off,
2)National and festival holidays a store has to observe.
3)Brush up your knowledge on general principles of manpower planning.
4)Read about leave policy-Shops Act provides for it.What are the kinds of leave?
5) What is pay roll- Salary slip,components of salary
6)know about key statutory compliances-like PF,ESI,Contract labour, professional tax, Food laws(basic) etc. as stores are covered by these Acts
7)Who are contract labour and what are the usual activities in which contract labour are engaged?
8) How you redress grievances at stores?
9) what are retiral benfits?
10) what is full and final settlement?
11) what is bonus?(read Payment of bonus Act)
You can include any item in the list which you feel relevant.
HR & Labour Relations adviser
From India, Mumbai
Community Support on business, career and organisational prospects and issues - Register and Log In to CiteHR and post your query, download formats and be part of a fostered community of professionals.