Hi All,
I was working for a software company for more than 3 years. I have served my notice period. Also, having the payslips for the last six months, joining letter, email proof of last working day,bonus and appraisal letters. Now, they are very much reluctant to give me the experience letter.
Also, they are forcing me to working for them from my home without any salary after leaving my job. They are indirectly blackmailing me that they will write some negative feedback on my experience letter or they might not give any experience certificate.
Also, i had a face to face discussion with my ex boss and he started giving me some false allegations(kiddish) like last day i left the office 30 minutes earlier than the permissible logout time etc.
If you are kind enough then please advice me what i can do in this case as i became frustrated and life become miserable.

From India, Bengaluru

Understand the behavioral aspects at individual as well as organizational level →
Promoted: IIM Raipur Executive Development Program In Human Resource Management
I have read your post and studied series of problems faced by you.
1.Firstly, I presume your current reporting manager,HOD and Ex Reporting Manager in the same company are the people who might be deliberately harassing you.The CEO or M.D of the company might be neutral judge in the case.What I mean to say is that you can refer this harassment to him and request issue of release of reliving letter.
3. Secondly,bring this to the notice of your current employer/HR and submit all relevant evidence.
4.Thirdly,As far as Reference Check is concerned,since you are in service industry you can provide references of your external customers like clients,project partners,vendors,junior colleagues and co workers (after taking them into confidence).
In case if your MD or CEO is a professional person or supports your stand you can even request him to provide your Reference which can be highly valid in this case.
2. Fourthly,if you do not get any support from the Top Management, you can file a complaint with the Office of Labour Commissioner.
Also note that you have sufficient evidence to prove your employment with them.So do not worry if the relieving letter is not issued. However highlight this harassment to your new employer.You can anonymously provide highlight your plight and harassment on GLASSDOOR which is a professional website.
For any further support please contact me.

From India, Mumbai
Hi Sumeet,
I really appreciate your kind advice.
I haven't spoke with the CEO as well as the co founder regarding this issue because of fear. But as per your advice i will definitely bring in notice to them. Also, i am about to post my experience to the Glassdoor.
Thanks again.

From India, Bengaluru

Please go and speak to your reporting boss manager or HR. If they are not supporting you then try to get the CEO email ID and number then email them your issue. This will definitely sort all your issues.
From India, Hyderabad
Thanks Koppunor for your kind advice.
From India, Bengaluru
Hi Rajiv, Hope you have managed to settle the issue .if not please write a mail to your previous employer that you will file case with Office of Commissioner of Labour. Regards, Sumeet H
From India, Mumbai

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply →

About Us Advertise Contact Us Testimonials
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server