Dinesh Divekar
Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Agile Solutionist
Arunachala Nataraj
Senior Manager -hr
Srf Ran Engineer

Cite.Co is a repository of information and resources created by industry seniors and experts sharing their real world insights. Join Network
If an employee is resistant in following the policies, then what will be action we need to take against him/her. Regards HR
Dear Ankita,
The simple reply to your question is "yes, non-adherence to the policies is indiscipline and it has to be handled accordingly". Nevertheless, alike your previous posts, your this post is also too short. Please clarify what category of employee is resistant to the policy, which policy you are talking about, has the policy been documented and numbered, when the policy came into force, who signed it, how it was communicated to the employees and why HOD is silent when one of the subordinates is not following policy.
Dinesh Divekar

Step 1 : Understand why
Step 2 : If this is a single incident and rest all follow the policy, focus on the employee
Step 3: Speak to him, listen and understand underlying reasons for not adhering to common practices
Step 4: If unable to find genuine reasons, make him understand 'why everybody should follow rules of the house'
Step 5: After reasonable time for improvement, still not listening and if performance is also not promising, plan for separation

Whether policy is attested by the authorities? If so whether circulation of policy has been done to all concerned? If this is done then the employee can be issued with charge sheet and further proceedings as per rules.
Dear Ankita,
1. All employees are obliged to adhere, follow and observe the policies implemented by the company as its employees.
2. It is responsibility of the concerned department to circulate the policies and explain the policies to the employees on behalf of the company.
3. Any reluctance by the employees should be understood and addressed appropriately. If it is a case of misinterpretation, it can be addressed by personal meeting and explaining. It is pure reluctance based on surmises then it is a case of indiscipline to be addressed and treated purely in that manner.
4. Institute domestic inquiry by following the process as laid down in the Certified standing orders of the company and if company does not have one then the Model Standing Orders as applicable to the concerned State.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™