In Service
Consultant-labour Laws
+3 Others

Recently Supreme Court has given decision in favour of employee for EPF pension hike around 10 times. Now can we contribute 8.33% towards EPF pension without any ceiling and who has already retired recently can get this revised pension after paying difference in contribution.
From India, Bhilai
Hi B Surya Rao,
Referring to SC decision which has opened the gateway for many covered employees in EPFO and are entitled for EPS raised bar which was based on amendment in the EPS Act in 1996, yes you can file your case with epfo with contributing the difference of amount payable, conditioning that who were the member of scheme before August 2014 as the government amended the EPF act and deleted the provision that allowed the employees to make a higher contribution and draw pension based on full salary.
So check your joining date in EPS accordingly and file the case.

From India, New Delhi
Hi Harpreet,
I am a member of this scheme since 1993. I understand that I am eligible to avail this scheme. Please let me know the formalities to avail this benefit and how to calculate the difference amount to be paid now and what would be the pension amount that I would receive after my retirement.
Ravi Warrier

From India, Bengaluru
Hi Ravi,
Just submit a request letter to PF office that you referring to SC judgement, you want to contribute your EPS on your full salary mentioning your full details with PF and UAN number. they themselves will update you with details of difference amount to be submitted. Also attache the circulation as attached in this message.

From India, New Delhi

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20171129-WA0010.jpg (112.0 KB, 327 views)

Dear Harpreet Walia, Request to share the PDF file of PF Circular instead of JPG format. Hope you will do the need full . Regards,
From India, Mumbai
Hi, Please find attached the circulation copy as required.
From India, New Delhi

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pension Amendment.pdf (129.6 KB, 680 views)

Hi Harpeet, Thanks I am Oblige. Regards,
From India, Mumbai
The relevant circular issued by PF Department in this regard in March 2017 is attached. Thanks
From India, Malappuram

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pension on full salary as per SC order 23.3.2017.pdf (1.24 MB, 562 views)

Dear PCA, Thanks for sharing the circular I am Oblige. Regards,
From India, Mumbai
Dear P C Agrawal
B.Com., LL.B., CAIIB, FCS,
I will be oblige if you could share PF Circular dated 31- 05-17, on the subject pertaining to Exempted Establishments. OR guide me from where can I fetch it.
If I am not wrong the said PF Circular was annulled before various high court ultimately upheld by Apex Court.
Kindly revert.

From India, Mumbai

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 Cite.Co™