Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Process Industry Consultant / Soft Skill
Principal Hr Consultant
Asst.commissioner Of Labour..a.p.
Senior Manager -hr
Pms,t&d,legal Compliances , Labour Handling
Was there one isolated incident or there was a series of incidents? Is it only one worker or more than one worker is involved?
You may conduct the domestic enquiry and find out whether misconduct has taken place. If the blameworthiness is established then you may follow further process of discipline.
From India, Bangalore
From India, Noida
Such cases can have immense disruptive efforts.
You need to see the case in totality.
Was it an isolated case?
How many workers involved?
What was the nature of behaviour?
Once you get full details next course of action can be thought off.
Was there any provocation from the senior?
Such things need to be nipped in the bud by initiating corrective actions -counselling, punishment etc. if offence is proved.
From India, Pune
Isolate reasons for misbehaviour
Bad Hires: Are there certain individuals who are misbehaving? Find out who hired them and what process was followed which led to these individuals being in the work force.
Criticism: Are seniors criticising individuals. Criticism needs to be constructive and can only reap good results if there is an existing bond of trust. Unnecessary criticism can build an hostile environment.
Leadership: Consider if the leadership is apt for the kind of individuals this set contains. People from similar backgrounds may be ideal and can be introduced in the chain of leadership.
Possible measures of improvement
Training: For both the leadership and the staff/workers on work skills / soft skills.
Counselling: Counselling sessions for misbehaving individuals. Two possible outcomes - it may actually help the individual or the person may find it so boring that he may start behaving just to avoid these sessions.
Removal: Removal of offending individuals. Figure out possible repercussions on work force morale and work environment.
From India, Gurgaon
1. The first step is understanding and analysing the reasons as to why such incidents are happening.
2. The second step is to identify the people with whom this is happening and why? Specifically analyse their role also in the incidents and of course their reaction patterns to these incidents.
3. Third step is to identify delinquent workmen who are committing this misconduct. Speak to them also to understand their side of the picture and their angle.
4. Prepare a strategy to tackle once you have obtained necessary information from making inquiries from various sources and analysed the same from both the angles. Do not rely on one source.
5. The first action in the matter should be calling them one by one and speaking to them and counselling them. Strongest of the lot should be the first target to break the group.
6. Counsel the senors also as some of them may not be apt in handling people, this you can decide after talking to them.
7. Instruct the seniors to file written complaints of misbehaviour with complete details and they should be strong enough to hold their own forte in their interest and the interest of the company. The seniors should also refrain from misbehaving, they should also respect workmen if they want to be respected. Respect is earned.
8. Institute domestic inquiry as per industrial employment standing orders.
9. Pass own a strong message down the line that no incidence of indiscipline will be tolerated at any cost.
10. HR has to insure that it is absolutely judicious, independent and impartial.
From India, Thane
From India, Mysore
In a short time you have got plenty of tips and detailed replies for your very brief query.
You please take a neutral stand for a moment.
Is the mis-behaviour a result of UNJUST cause or a retort for a JUST cause?
Surely without doubt a misdemeanor cannot be tolerated whatever be the underlying reason behind it. If according to you, it is for a JUST cause it can be handled deftly, after knowing the root cause.
If it is all for UNJUST cause/ causes, a disciplinary approach should be adopted as detailed in many responses, provided by our learned members.
If the finding suggest fault of workmen , you may take various corrective actions as suggested in previous posts
From India, Dehra Dun
Keep your goals in mind when disciplining: the intent is to correct the misconduct and modify the behavior, not to punish the employee for wrongdoing.
Here are some good resources to help you:
How To Deal With Misbehaving Employees - Business Insider
From United States, Washington
Put everything on display board it will be a warning to all others.....
From India, Nellore