1.Basic salary must be equal or more than minimum wage because we calculate PF, EL and gratuity on Basic salary.
2. Minimum wage bifurcate in only Basic + VDA. If we bifurcate minimum wage ,then all deduction and calculation done on minimum wage.
3.Search in citehr we may get it .
18th November 2017 From India, Bangalore
Minimum Wages is declared by the Govt. ( State & Central as required). Hence the same cannot be bifurcated.
Basic salary is apportioned as a percentage of Gross Salary. It is the Gross Salary which is bifurcated.
Bifurcation of Gross Salary is done as a percentage as per each Company's policies
For the Minimum Wages in Delhi please contact the local Labour department.
19th November 2017 From India, Delhi
1. As per Minimum Wages Act, the definition of wages includes all remuneration capable of being expressed in terms of money, as per terms of employment, & includes HRA ( House Rent Allowance ).
2. However, as per definition of wages in the Employees Provident Fund & Misc Act, the definition of wages excludes HRA, Washing Allowance & Conveyance Allce.
3. Therefore, for the purposes of Provident Fund etc., some employers are bifurcating minimum wages into Basic, HRA, Washing Allce & conveyance Allce. Punjab & Haryana High Court has upheld the decision. ( Group 4 Securities vs Astt Provident Fund Commissioner, Gurgaon ).
4. The matter is pending before the Supreme court whether minimum wages should be considered as basis wage & whether any bifurcation should be allowed. Pending the decision, many employers are bifurcating minimum wages as given in para 3 above.
5. Minimum wage for unskilled labour in Delhi is : Rs 13584/-. Rest categories, please refer to latest Delhi Govt. notification.
20th November 2017 From India, Delhi