Sr. Hr Executive
Bharat Gera
Principal Hr Consultant
Deputy Commissioner Of Labour..a.p.
Rakesh Shinde
Campus Recruiter

Hi All,
My sister was working in a startup IT company as a Business Development Manager from 1st Feb 17' to 30th Sep 17'. She received salary for first three months and thereafter she didnt received any salary from the month May 17' onwards. Three persons has opened this company in partnership. Later these people always kept telling my sister that your salary will be paid in next week and the salary was never paid. This happened multiple times. Then my sister resigned and now we are still struggling to get the salary. Now, the owners are saying that my sister has not given any business due to which they don't have money to pay salary. We have offer letter as well as relieving letter as per the above said dates. So now my questions are:
1) Being at managerial position, can a manager lodge a complaint for not getting salary at labour court ? As Industrial Dispute act ,1947 is applicable for workers and not for managers or supervisors for lodging a complaint at labour court.
2) If not, then is there any other alternate to get the salary, if yes then what and how?
Request you all to please help suggest/guide me on the above pointers at the earliest.
Thanks in advance....

From India, Mumbai
Haa..ok sir. Absolutely she can just lodge a written complaint BEFOFE A LABOUR OFFICER OF THE CONCERNED AREA.AND DONT FORGET TO SEND A COPY TO HIGHER lFFICE4S TO HIM ALSO....

From India, Nellore
Dear Rakesh,
If she was working as manager and doing supervisory work then she may not fall under category of employee. Thus, she may not allow to file an complaint at labour office but yes she can put a case in court for the same.

Dear Rakesh,
Before giving any opinion/advice we need to get some information :-
1. How many employees are there in the company?
2. Did she have a team? Was any one reporting to her?
3. Who was authorized to sanction leave/advances/conveyance/travelling bills etc of the employees?
4. What was her role exactly and to whom was she reporting? Did she used to get day to day instructions from some one in the office?
5. By giving a designation of Manager, one can not become Manager if the Manager does not have any authority and staff for supervision and authority over them.
6. Yes you can file a complaint to the Government Labour Officer with copies to Labour Commissioner, Deputy Labour Commissioner, Assistant Labour Commissioner and if it is a private limited or limited company copy to Registrar of Companies and state labour minister and labour secretary also.
Warm Regards
Bharat Gera
HR Consultant

From India, Thane
oh sorry friends.. A manager cadre employee can also eligible for filing a case before Labourdept....under ID act... no differentiation for declaring justice...either manager or helper..cadre...
From India, Nellore
Actually an employee gives a complaint about injustice done to him by the Employer Tthe govt. office receives that and convert it to relavant labour act and issue notices to both go ahead sir..
From India, Nellore
Dear Friend,
All those are working are employee then they classified as workmen, superviser & manager. The concerned can file a case in Labour Office. She also can file a cvil case in calim of her payment.

From India, Mumbai
This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™