Surname and Father Name to be change in PF, ESI and Driving Licence. - CiteHR
Cite.Co is a repository of information created by your industry peers and experienced seniors sharing their experience and insights.
Join Us and help by adding your inputs. Contributions From Other Members Follow Below...
Dear Sir/Madam,
My father in his childhood was sent to their father in law house as they are not having Male Kids and he grown up there itself and all his studies completed under their supervision only till 10th standard.
10th Standard documents are in the surname of father in law and father name as father in laws name.
After completion of 10th standard he return to their parents house since they father in law are not able to afford further studies and unfortunately on return to his mother home he stopped his studies and applied for licence and taken badge as per 10th Class certificate (Surname and father name as in laws).
All the other documents of my father's aadhar card, Voter card etc are with actual surname and actual father name.
Now the issue is the driving licence, pension account are with their Surname of father in law and father name as father in law name but all other documents are in the name of actual father and actual surname. With this implications he is unable to get driver posts since surname and father names are different when compared with licence and aadhar card.
I request to kindly suggest how can we change the driving licence & pension account with out any trouble.
I will be thank full for each and every suggestion.
Thanks & Regards

Dear friend,
Never get confused with all these things, name is meaningful unless for a purpose. In your case you have not mentioned about birth certificate and the name there in. The birth certificate is the important document when entering the name, surname in the x standard/TC. Make your self clear :
1) You want aadhaar card, voter card etc., as in pension documents otherwise..
2) You make one thing clear what is the name you want to actual name or as mentioned in x standard
My suggestion, when pension documents are clear and getting financial benefits better do change every thing in the same way as in pension. Get Aadhaar edited in the e-governance, licence can be edited by getting new one, apply for new voter id ( as elections are 5 years once you can get it done).
As a children you make yourself clear in all documents with your surname and father name never muddle with names.
best of luck ....

This discussion thread is closed. If you want to continue this discussion or have a follow up question, please post it on the network.
Add the url of this thread if you want to cite this discussion.

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2020 Cite.Co™