I demand explanation from the employee upon his unauthorised absence and give him time for 72 hours, but 4 days had gone but he did not submit his reply
From United States
Dear Mian,
What is your designation? Are you from HR? When the show cause notice for unauthorised absence was issued to the employee, who had signed this notice?
If you are not the senior authority then approach the senior authority who is empowered to handle matters related to employee discipline, and show him/her the duplicate copy of the show cause notice. Let him/her write his/her remarks and based on the punishment awarded take the appropriate action. Intimate to the employee, what action will be taken.
Dinesh Divekar

From India, Bangalore
I am manager hr and i have signed the show cause, i did not receive any response from his end. now what is next step, give him another?
From United States
Dinesh Divekar I am still waiting for your response. i have joined this forum to enhance my skill, kindly guide me what i write to him again.
From United States
Dear Aamir ji,
When an employee does not respond to your SC Notice, then you need to issue him a chargesheet and conduct a domestic enquiry in to the charges levelled against him. You can not take any action on his absence unilaterally without conducting a domestic enquiry.

From India, Mumbai
Dear Mr. Mian Aamir, in my company, we issue second SCN and wait for final reply. Moving on, we issue termination letter and blacklist from our company records.
Please do check with his references given at time of joining like family member/close friend, etc.
Thanks and Regards,
Akash Sharma

From India, Delhi
Dear Mr.Main, You will send Chargesheet and wait for response from him for one week to 15 days. after that send Domastic Enquiry letter and proceed Enquiry.
From India, Karur
Dear Mian,
If your employee done this mistake on first time you may issue a warning letter regarding unauthorized absence and relief him.
But after that he repeat this mistake then you will have to issue a show cause notice for submit his clarification with in 48 hours.

From India, Sonipat
Mr Aamir
What is your standing orders says on this , If no standing orders existing clause regarding unauthorized absence in the appointment letter given to the employee. If not so, we can serve upto to 3 SC letters to the employee , even after that the employee is not responded Nor attended to the duties we can terminate him from the services , but every time ensure the letter has to be send the enrolled address with register post only with acknowledgement and keep the same for future reference .
If the employee is resumed to the duties we can follow the what Mr Keshav Korgaonkar said .

From India, Visakhapatnam
Dear Mian Aamir, are you the disciplinary Authority as per your Company Standing Orders/Service Rules? Can we have contents of the Show Cause letter? you should also take in to consideration Past Service record of the Employee before proceeding with the matter
From India, New Delhi

If you are knowledgeable about any fact, resource or experience related to this topic - please add your views using the reply box below. For articles and copyrighted material please only cite the original source link. Each contribution will make this page a resource useful for everyone.

Please Login To Add Reply

About Us Advertise Contact Us
Privacy Policy Disclaimer Terms Of Service

All rights reserved @ 2021 CiteHR.Comô

All Material Copyright And Trademarks Posted Held By Respective Owners.
Panel Selection For Threads Are Automated - Members Notified Via CiteMailer Server