My reply to each issue that you have raised is as below:
1) 6 days working and alternate weekend off ( where as technical support and other bpo work 5 days a week and 2 days off)
Reply: - 5-day work is industry norm but it is not legal compulsion. Therefore, nothing can be said on the prerogative of the employer.
2) I am a client service engineer but still expected to work 12 hours shift in weekend as a customer support (only on saturday or sunday ) but not paid overtime for that also my boss insist that we have to do the customer support role its mandatory
(even though its not mentioned in the job offer letter )
Reply: - Making any employee to work for 12 hours is illegal under the provisions of shops and establishment act. If you are not inclined to put up excess hours, then you may make a formal complaint to the Labour Officer (LO) under whose jurisdiction your company falls. LO may investigate the violations of this law and may take appropriate action.
3) Pickup and drop facility not provided even though we work in 24*7 cycle (this week roaster my shift is 7pm to 4am( public transport starts after 5 am) when i asked about travelling on my own and getting the amount reimbursed i was told that its not possible
Reply: - Providing the pick up and drop to the employees is industry norm and it is not legal compulsion. Yes, for woman employees it is mandatory to provide the cab facility during night time.
4) Unfair, disrespectful and partial behaviour ( the boss was shouting on the floor saying "i dont respect the technicians"
Reply: - Immoderateness at the workplace is bane across the industries and BPO industry is no exception. Partially, it is fault of leadership at the top who have allowed their managers to demonstrate high-handedness in front of their juniors. If you wish, you may make a formal complaint to your HR. If nothing happens then you may make a complaint to the MD of the company. If still nothing happens then you may make a complaint to the LO. However, instead of individual complaint, it is better to make collective complaint.
5) Accused of doing timepass during work hours ( where as our work is dependent upon sales floor , if they dont make the sale we dont have the remote session to work on.
Reply: - Who exactly makes this accusation?
Final Comments: - Well gentleman, partially you are facing problems because you did not obtain sufficient information about the company that you were to join. Your frustration is because of gap between your perception and the ground reality. Now the reality is biting you. Therefore, either adapt or conform to the circumstances or quit. If you live in the river, you should make friends with the crocodile goes the age old proverb. Therefore, is it not wise to follow the proverb?
From India, Bangalore