Business Mentor, Consultant And Trainer
Prashant B Ingawale
Srf Ran Engineer
We are pleased to inform you that you have been re-designated as "Sales Engineer" and your services are hereby confirmed w.e.f 8 August 2017.
All the other terms and condition which is detailed in your Appointment Letter remains unchanged. You will be entitled for the Leave Benefits as per Company Policy.
Your CTC will be Rs xyz per Annum, which includes xyz lakhs will be your fixed and abc lakhs will be your incentive which will be paid to you on a quarterly basis after reviewing your performance
You will be paid gross emoluments as detailed in Annexure – A.
You will be directly reporting to the Director –Sales.
(Company name). Congratulates you on your Re-designation and wishes you a long term career with us.
I accept the above mentioned terms and conditions on confirmation to the position of “ Sales Engineer”
21st August 2017 From India, New Delhi
Overall you have drafted the letter well. It needs some improvement. It is given below:
Mr _________ (Name of the employee with initials)
Employee No: - __________
Revision of the DesignationDear Mr _______ (Candidate name),
1. This to inform you that your services have been confirmed in _________ (name of the company). With the confirmation of your services, your designation has been revised as Sales Engineer.
2. You have been issued Appointment Letter No __________ dated _____. Terms and condition that are specified in this remain unchanged. There is no change in your leave entitlement, reporting authority etc.
3. Your CTC is Rs _____ per annum with effect from ______ (date). This amount includes Rs _____ lakhs as fixed salary and Rs ______ lakhs as incentive. Payment of the incentive is proportionate to your performance and will be disbursed on completion of each quarter after reviewing your performance. The break up of your gross salary are placed at Appendix 'A' of this letter.
4. Administration of ______ (company name) congratulates you on confirmation of your employment as well as re-designation. We wish you an outstanding tenure with us.
____________ (Name and Initials of the signing authority)
____________ (Designation of the signing authority)
1. Always give numbers to paragraphs of the official letters.
2. Too many paragraphs makes the letter unstructured. Therefore, divide the paragraphs as per the topic.
3. Supplement to the letter is called as Appendix and supplement to the Appendix is called as Annexure. Therefore, use these phrases correctly.
4. Gross salary + other allowances = CTC. Therefore, use these phrases correctly.
5. Why do you need to mention the CTC? In all practical aspects, what matters to employee is gross salary + incentive.
21st August 2017 From India, Bangalore
Your query was for a content of a letter to be given to an employee whose designation is unchanged but role and responsibilities are changed. Your draft letter and that of Divekar's contains everything else except reference to the only point of your query ie change of role and responsibility.
If you want the letter on this, you need to list the new responsibilities involved in that role clearly and issue the letter annexing to a suitable covering letter. This you can do it yourself rather than seeking help.
23rd August 2017 From India, Mumbai
Thanks for pointing out the basic flaw in the letter. When we change the designation of employee, the Job Description also changes. This simple fact escaped from my mind also. "Attention for Detail" is one of the importance managerial competency and it comes with practice!
For Ankita: - In the paragraph 2, you may add one more sentence as "With the change of your designation, we have revised your Job Description (JD). The fresh JD is attached to this letter.
23rd August 2017 From India, Bangalore